Monday, December 8, 2008

Green Side

My sister has this book of colors with corresponding meanings on it. I was curios so I scanned it and started reading. I really love the color green which according to the book, is life and signifies growth, renewal, health and so on but on the other hand it also means envy or jealousy as of the green-eyed monster. I also like the colors red, white, gold and blue but not that much. Actually blue was my favorite color way back but now, my collections shows that I’m more attracted to color green; green bag, nail polish, notebook, pen, dress and other unique green stuffs. To add with my green possessions, I have a green thumb too that explains why I'm good in growing things and that whatever I plant will grow.

I've learned that green is the traditional color of Islam; and that the flag of Libya (located in Northern Africa, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Egypt and Tunisia) that was adopted on the year 1977, consists of a simple and plain color green with no other sign, design or other details unlike any other flag. The only national flag in the world with just one color and that somehow reflects the citizens’ devotion to Islam. Green was Libya’s national color also and maybe just maybe everyone there loves no other color than the color green.

Anyways being devoted to the color green maybe has something to do with why one of my most admired international bands is Green Day. It’s an American rock trio formed in 1987, the year I was born. Basically, I am in to alternative music with a little bit touch of rock but not the hard core one that could possibly break an eardrum because of the screaming and so on. I like how the band plays their music and genre along with the others: my chemical romance, panic at the disco, fall out boy etc. I’m just so curios why they named their band “Green Day” and I want to ask why? How I wish I could.

As I was saying, I love green and that's it.

No comments: